Saturday, March 15, 2008

Just Checkin' In..

A couple of hours ago, we had the weirdest weather thing going on...it was pretty spooky. It'd been cold but clear all day,and the radio said there was snow in the mountains, but just a dusting here overnight. Anyway, all of a sudden it got really windy and very suddenly it started to hail. It was so noisy that the dogs got pretty nervous, but I thought it was kind of exciting. It kept up for about 5 minutes. I went out back to check it out, and the porch was just covered with fingertip sized hail...(teeny little baby finger size). I crunched my way across the porch. Now it's quiet and clear again....Nevada weather, it just keeps us guessing, right?

I know many of you are down in Oceanside enjoying the doings...am green with envy...can't wait to hear all about it...

I've been really busy trying to get my little business going...it's slow getting started, but will hopefully pick up....in the meantime, I'm enjoying having to do X number of things every day. When you're retired, the brain kind of goes into hibernation sometimes...not good. I joined a networking group...that'll be a new experience too..and fun.

On that note, I just received the book that we're all going to read (The Forgotten Man) and it's really so interesting!! Took me a while just to get through the introduction...mostly establishing a time line for the depression years...what lead up to it. It's really interesting to me, since my Mom came to this country early in the depression and I was born a few years after it started...it's fun putting all of that in context of when I was a child. Seems a lifetime away...So Jamie...how are we doing this?

Amy, we need a full report on your cruise :) Sending love and hugs to all of you..

1 comment:

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I'm still waiting for my Library notice that the book is in. I did talk to Jamie though last night and he said he is still working on the web page/blog for the book club and was thinking we would start in April.

Glad you are excited about working n your business. I think your networking group will be fun for you.