Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Catch up....New TV Shows...American Idol....

When I get totally tired, frustrated and upset with all the political games going on, it's nice to just escape to the entertainment stuff on TV for a while.

I think this season has some really good new shows, most notably "Canterbury's Law" and "New Amsterdam". "Dexter" is different, but a bit too dark for my taste, although, "Criminal Minds" is probably just as dark and one of my very favorites. Waiting for new episodes of "Brothers and Sisters", another favorite, and "Jericho" is bogging down a bit.

Would love to hear everyone's ideas on American Idol. My money, so far, is on David Cooke, he's SO talented, although his smarmy little personality could use a makeover.
I also really like David A...if he could just duplicate what he did with "Imagine", it'd be awesome. Made me cry. I also like Michael Johns, who reminds me of a young Neil Diamond...wow. Seems the boys really have more talent than the girls this season. Carly is mega-talented, could be another Barbra or Celine I think, but holy cow, I wish someone would dip her in a nice warm vat of bleach for a day or two..that right arm gives me nightmares. Thank heavens the screeching Amanda has retreated to her Harley...sheesh....although, I did think she was at least different.I think Brooke is sweet, but overrated (I know, that's a minority opinion...everyone seems to love her) I'm betting that Kristy or Ramiele will go home this week, unless either of them totally surprises with something fantastic.

John spent the last week with me...as always, that was so nice. We went to Wendy's house for an untraditional Easter feast of Pizza and Wings. It was nice visiting with Wendy, Brian, Karlee and Brooke who are both growing up much too fast....they're both just so sweet. Wendy hasn't been feeling well..having lots of health problems...I'm hoping she'll be on the mend soon. John helped me set up a Netvibe page...that was fun, still under construction.

I'm glad Jamie got the Book Club page started...good job Jamie! It'll be great hearing everyone's thoughts on the book. Enough for now...love to all....hope you're enjoying Spring, wind and all.

5 comments:

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I'm still waiting on pictures of the dogs on beauty shop day...what gives?

As far as new TV Shows are concerned I love Eli Stone. I think Lori or Wendy told me to watch it and I am hooked. Can't think of any other new ones we watch.

Idol..I agree with all of your thoughts, except Jordan loves Brooke. How weird is it that there is a Brooke and Carly?

Love ya

Betty Brackett said...

I like Eli too...a lot. Nice to see a new premise every now and then...something different.

Pictures of dogs? John didn't take any new ones...I'll try to get some this week..

Justin and Amy said...

I'm on the American Idol bandwagon... yet again. I like most of them still on the show. I disagree with your Brooke thoughts too. I think she is always right on. I like her a ton. And I've got to root for the Utah boy David A.:) I just can't stand Ramiele. Something just bugs me about her. And although David Cook is good, I think he is really conceited. That bugs me too. But it's always entertaining. Why is American Idol so addicting?

Betty Brackett said...

I don't know, but it sure is. I think that Ramiele will probably go next time. Yes, David C definitely has the smug factor going...I like Michael John's personality much better...

Betty Brackett said...

David Cook was taken to the hospital after this week's show. Very high blood pressure. His brother has been being treated for cancer and has had a setback..so David's been highly stressed. Poor guy. He did very well under the circumstances.