Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Memorable Christmas!

I really can't remember when I've had a more enjoyable Christmas, from start to finish.

I flew out of Reno on Sunday, the 23rd, after spending Saturday night with Lori and her family. I finally got to see and spend a little time with Madelynn and Caden...they are just too cute for words, both of them. Madelynn was in full-smile sweetness, once the bath was out of the way...didn't love that too much...and little Caden just toddled all over the place..he's such a little man.

My flight was calm and uneventful, peppered by the constant coughing and sneezing by what seemed like everyone on the plane...except me...until I flew home of course, when I joined the chorus. :)

My Linda was there to pick me up..was so excited to see her!! We went directly to Chelsea's and had some time (very little...it passed quickly) with everyone else. It was great seeing all of them enjoying and rocking out to Shawn's latest Christmas present (Rock Star). Those kids are all so impressive in their musical abilities..although I must admit that I recognized neither any of the songs nor the lyrics. I thoroughly enjoyed it though...nice to see everyone having such a good time. I hadn't seen Devyn (she's so adorable, pregnant) or DeEtte for quite some time so that was a treat too. Little Connor is becoming quite the young man, handsome and sweet....missed seeing Lily, who'd gotten sick and couldn't join them...will look forward to seeing her too. Amy and Justin were there too, for a little while...they were headed out back to SL but we did get a few minutes. The kids had a ball in Cora's toy closet...what a neat thing that is!

The time in Mesquite, at Linda's house, was everything Christmas personifies. Their house was beautifully decorated, inside and out, and just felt like Christmases past to me. Terry prepared fabulous meals, both on Christmas Eve and Christmas day...that boy can cook!! Terry, Jason and Jordan had prepared the Kielbasa and Pirogi on the days before (the girls who marry those guys are getting a bonus with their cooking ability...that's for sure). Rachel was there with little Jonas, who's a delight..so friendly and happy..all boy. Sarah and Jeremy, Sarah's Dad, and of course the little twins rounded out the group. Three two-year-olds around the table were amazingly contented and a joy to watch! Elizabeth and Elijah have such good appetites and really seemed to enjoy all the festivity. It reminded me of when my kids were toddlers...all the anticipation looking forward to Christmas day. The table was set so beautifully, complete with a lace tablecloth, lovely China (Terry's Mother's) and crystal for our faux champagne.

Jordan played his Bass for me...he's SO talented!! I could have listened to him a lot longer, and hope to..down the road. :)

Bob, Sarah's Dad, had recently returned from a trip to the Holy Land, and brought his laptop with photos...they were impressive and beautiful...was so glad he shared them with us.

The funnest of all, naturally, was watching the three babies interact :) They're all affectionate and darling...and get along so well. Of course, they were in heaven with the new toys, and each other. It's hard on little ones, with all the over-stimulation, but they sailed through it nicely. The twins, whom I hadn't seen since they were about six months, have turned into completely adorable little people...they even cuddled onto my lap for a story at one point...I was thrilled! Little Jonas is a real cuddlebug too...sure loves his Grandma :) They all chatter away in toddler language, which, believe it or not, is pretty darn understandable.

The day after Christmas, Linda and I went out for breakfast, so I got some one-on-one time with my girl :) Actually, we got lots of visiting and reminiscing done...talked about Christmases when the kids were little...and remembered our Debbie....felt her really near...know she'd be so happy that we were together and enjoying the little ones.

So! Christmas was a complete joy for me...am so glad I decided to spend it down under. Seems there's never really enough time to enjoy people on a personal level any more, what with our lives going different directions. When those times of gathering do happen, it's especially sweet...and so memorable.

I hope all of you have a Happy New Year...and that there'll be time for more get-togethers....(reunion sounds really good to me) Love you all so much...

4 comments:

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

We all did very much enjoy the festivities. I tried to upload a couple of pictures I took, but of course I couldn't, I'll keep trying, on Jordan's computer when he wakes up.

Jeremy and Sarah said...

I am going to blog about our Christmas too...sorry it is taking me forever. It was fun having you here "grammy".

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Just to correct the information, Jeremy also helped with the pirogi and Keilbasa on December 15th and we could not have done it without him. Sarah was the first of my favorite Daughters in Law to reap the rewards of a good cook for a husband.

Love you

Betty Brackett said...

Right...I knew that...sorry I left Jeremy out...I remember you telling me that he came out specifically to help before Christmas. They all did a really good job.