Friday, August 15, 2008

Cousins.....big and little....

Summer's such a busy time, I forget to blog. This past week, Shelley and her kids came to town for a few days...was so great having them here. Unfortunately, Danny had to work and couldn't join them, but it was at least a chance to reconnect with Shelley and the kids. They stayed at Wendy's and were excited about sleeping outside to view the Perseid Meteor shower...very impressive in our huge Nevada sky, and with no light pollution to dim the effect.

We all went to see Gramma Carrie (now 95 years old and so tickled to see everyone). I should have gotten a picture with her and the kids, but as usual, I totally forgot about that...and had the camera in my purse too!

After our visit, we all went to Lori's to visit with them and enjoyed Spaghetti dinner with the Crockers. Here's a picture of (from left to right) Brooke, Stephanie, Jarrett and Johnny, with little Naomi perched on the girls' lap. They're all so darn cute and growing up before our very eyes. I think the twins are looking more alike as they get older..sometimes still get them mixed up.




I hated to see Shelley and the kids leave...would be so nice to keep them nearby.

This coming weekend is going to be busy busy busy too. Tomorrow, I'm going into Reno for Amy's shower in the morning (can't wait to see her) and then in the evening I'm going to my 55th class reunion dinner. The thought of sitting at a table with a roomful of people I haven't seen since 1953 is both exciting, and a little daunting..will TRY to remember to take some pictures. The following day, they're having a picnic at Reno High for all classes, and will be going to that with a friend from high school whom I've known since 3rd grade (1943). At least I have seen her recently, she came to visit me last year, so there'll be one person there that I know...that'll help.

John is staying at my house to care for the dogs, and I'll be staying overnight Saturday at Lori's. Chelsea and Amy will both be there and I'm so excited to see them!

I hope everyone's enjoying Summer as much as I am :) Later...

2 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

I am glad that you all had a good time together. It does sound like you are keeping busy. Hope you are too enjoying your summer. Love, Sarah

Betty Brackett said...

Thanks, Sarah....:) Yes, I"m enjoying Summer a lot. The shower was so nice, and my school reunion was fabulous!