Monday, November 26, 2007

Whew...it's over..

Thanksgiving was really very nice, with Brian doing the heavy lifting by frying a delicious turkey...he does such a good job with that! Wendy did the rest of the cooking and I brought a sweet-potato dish that turned out to be a total dud...even from my point of view. I'd love to be a great natural cook, but that ,not having happened yet, is I guess out of the question at this point in time. Thank heavens the family has so many good cooks!

After dinner, with everyone totally stuffed, we played "Tie One On" ... it was kind of nice having a smaller group this year. I for one felt much less festive ..as nice as Thanksgiving was, with John, Wendy and Brian, Brooke and Karlee...I have to say I'm glad it's behind us. This was the toughest one in many years, since Linda and Terry(and our whole family) lost Joshua. I was thinking of Debbie and missing her holiday brightness. I know she'd want us all to enjoy the season and be happy, but frankly there are moments and days that I'd like to bury myself under the blankets and not come out till the holidays are over. This too shall pass, I know. It's true that we all have so many blessings and reasons to be thankful...thanks ,Linda, for reminding me of that.

Now...if we can just make it through Christmas!

4 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

I'm glad you made it through the Thanksgiving weekend... now on to Christmas. Holidays are a bit harder but mom absolutely LOVED them. So that makes me more motivated to stay happy. Happy Holidays Grandma! And it's okay... I'm not a natural cook either. Wait a sec... do I get that from you??

Betty Brackett said...

Amy, you're so cute :) Sorry about passing on that pesky gene....makes us try harder, right? At least it sounds like you've got the baking down...I could never master that one either. Know what you mean about being motivated to stay happy...for Debbie. She just glistened at Christmas :)

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I have no idea what your poll is. I don't have any pets now but I am a dog person when I do.

Betty Brackett said...

Sure, druthers is ok :)